Monday 11 February 2019

Having some you time.

  
It may be an obvious one but its very important too. 

Its very easy to wear yourself out and run on 2% battery life. I know I have been there. Being very tired and anything seems to set you off, then the arguments start and the tears come, its a massive roller coaster of emotions! What I have found has worked for me is a little pamper. I used to love pampering myself: Face masks, facials, manicures, lotions and potions. Being a beautician by triad I loved anything like that. After having baby Ibbo I didn't do any of it, I didn't have (make) the time. Around 4 or 5 months I was starting to find myself running on 2% battery struggling and finding myself on that emotional roller coaster. I lost myself a little bit, I was to busy looking after baby and not looking after myself. I wasn't wearing make-up, I was letting my hair go greasy and just scrapping it back, I wasn't spending any time for ME

I spoke to my husband told him how I was feeling, I was running myself down trying to do everything, Mother, Wife, House Keeper. Like my husband said 'You cant do it all' hearing those words really took the pressure off, and now I make sure I have some ME time! I don't feel bad about it, I enjoy it and its really made the world of difference and I feel like me again.


        pamper

        Dictionary result for pamper

       /ˈpampə/
       verb
       gerund or present participle: pampering
         indulge with every attention, comfort, and kindness; spoil.

         "famous people just love being pampered"
Baby Ibbo goes to sleep at 7pm so I pick what night I fancy my pamper night and I hang up my 'Mum Apron'. I run myself a bath, use a Lush bath bomb which is a very special treat for me or my bubble bath of choice and have a soak. I spend time with me, I look after me. I give myself a facial, use a face mask, what ever takes my fancy, some times I do one of these or sometimes all of them! If baby starts to cry my husband takes over lets me have 'my time' I recharge, relax and do something I enjoyed and did before baby came along. I understand there maybe someone reading this who doesn't have an other half and you still need some you time so maybe invite a close friend or family member round let them be there if baby needs anything so you can have your time, or if your child is at nursery age or school have your time then. 

Its OK to ask for help, its OK to love yourself, its OK to hang up your mum apron for an hour.







No comments:

Post a Comment